Friendz Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cypriot Oregano Chicken

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MiMi
Trainee
Trainee
MiMi

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-02-15

ME!
Class of:
Mood:

Cypriot Oregano Chicken Empty
PostSubject: Cypriot Oregano Chicken   Cypriot Oregano Chicken Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:47 pm

Cypriot Oregano Chicken 313301126_40873b064c

Cypriot style oregano chicken (kotopoulo me rigani) can be prepared as follows:

1. Cut chicken breasts into cubes and marinate in a mixture of 4 tsp Greek olive oil, 2 tsp dried Greek oregano, salt, and pepper to taste. Cover bowl and allow to sit for two hours in the refrigerator.

2. Skewer the marinated cubes and any fresh vegetables you have on hand -- I used anaheim peppers which I felt really made this dish special. Tomatoes, mushrooms, or zucchini would also be great.

3. Grill skewers for 15-20 mins, turning frequently.

Cypriot Oregano Chicken 313305746_ad970b5e09

u can serve it with some Greek style spinach rice -- this is also very easy to prepare and makes for a hearty meal:

1. Place 1/2 cup of Greek olive oil in a pot and briefly fry 2 cloves garlic and 1 minced onion.

2. Add 2.5 cups water, a bunch of spinach, and a bunch of dill. (Okay to use canned spinach or dried dill if you don't have fresh on hand.) Bring to boil.

3. Add 1 1/4 cups long grain rice, stir in. Add salt and pepper to taste. (I used about 2 tsp salt.) Cover and simmer on low.

4. When the rice is done, serve with freshly squeezed lemon juice on top.
Back to top Go down

Cypriot Oregano Chicken
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Friendz Cafe :: LIFESTYLE :: What's Cooking?-
Jump to: